I’m not going to develop this ROM any more. It takes too much time, and my phone is about to die, which means I’ll be getting a new one. Also, Android 5+ runs too slowly on this hardware. That’s why I’m currently using CyanogenMod 11 (which is back up at download.cyanogenmod.org). I advise you do the same. All changes I made are available on my GitHub.
I finally managed to build CyanogenMod 12.1 for the Galaxy Express! Yayy!
(the header image is still the old one, it hasn’t been updated with the new screenshots)
But it has bugs! Beware! Make sure you have back-ups!
If you’re looking for something more usable, try CyanogenMod 12. Also, make sure you read all the warnings and notices. It’s highly experimental.
- Telephony does not work. SIM can’t be used.
- Camera does not work. Camera app crashes right away.
- Torch does not work.
- Bluetooth does not work.
- Wireless hotspot
- USB tethering (should work, please test)
- USB mass storage
- F2FS support
- USB-OTG (host mode) – if it works, some extra ethernet cards should be supported
- USB connectivity (ADB, MTP)
- SD card
- GPU should be faster
This is for testing only! I take no responsibility for damages that can occur to your device! Make sure you read the old CyanogenMod 12 post before continuing!
- CyanogenMod 12.1 (updated 8/18/2015) – MD5: c00a34c886840a466789850112e0e63a
- TWRP recovery (recovery is from MultiROM, as I think it works better than the latest. Make sure you disable “Inject MultiROM” before flashing)
Please test and let me know what works for you through the contact form.
I’ll try to fix what’s not working. If you think you can help, please let me know!!!